5.30.2008

Throwing in the towel : )

Ha! Well...we kind of threw in the towel today. After a week we were making no progress and we were both miserable. 5 days of non-stop potty-training, checking for dry pants, cleaning up messes, and tears. My friend Casey that was an early childhood major, said "If it's that hard, she's probably not ready...take off a few weeks or so and then give it another try. She said that she did that 2 times with her daughter and on their last try it was very easy because she was ready. I was really worried about stopping after I started, but also worried about sticking with it (since she was literally bawling every time she had to go potty- even though I was pulling out all the bells and whistles trying to make it fun). I feel okay about waiting another month or two. I'll keep you updated as we go.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

don't feel bad, sweetie! We stopped and started multiple times ... she'll let you know when she's ready. :-)

Mitzi said...

Good for you!