6.03.2008

ABC's & 123's

Kennedy loves learning (as long as she doesn't have to sit still to do it ha!). Here are a few things she's doing right now:

-She has been counting to 10 and a few numbers after that for a long time. I love the way she starts out with a normal voice and then starts yelling the higher she gets. She's not a quiet child. ha!
-She knows 2 bible verses so far
"Children Obey your parents, in the Lord, for this is right." Ephesians 6:1
"Chiln bay yo pants, in the Lawd, fo DIS IS WITE!
(
We say Ephesians)Sic: uh one"
"Love the Lord your God with all your heart." Matt. 22:37
"Love yo God wif all yo hot. (We say Matthew) 22:?7"
-She just recently started singing her ABC's and being more interested in letters all together. I asked her to sing her ABC's to Dasun the other day and she said...
"ABCDEFGHI...YOU USE THE POTTY.... YEAH!"
The latter part is from one of her favorite movies Elmo's Potty Time. It was so funny! She sang it with everything she had. Dasun and I couldn't help but crack up when it happened. She was so proud.

Other than that, she has been talking up a storm. We had to go help out at the U of A for a study they were doing and I had to check off all the words she has said so far. I don't think I realized how many words she knew until then. Anything you say can and will be repeated. I am so glad I don't cuss, because I'm sure I would have slipped up by now. She randomly said, "Nice to meet you" to my friend Jessica as she left the other day. When Jessica said it was nice to meet her too and told her she loved her, she said "I lu you too" and gave her a hug and a kiss. She also loves to say "Oh my", "Dat's so cute!", "Hands are derby" (one of our favorites), "yeah, Okay, Me too!", "No tank you pease", etc... I am sure you know I could go on and on. : )

If I had to describe her, I would say she's very sweet with a ton of personality and a pinch of sass. She is so fun to be around and even on harder days (we all have them), I lay down with a smile as I think about her. I feel so blessed to get to be around her everyday...Thank you so much Lord. Thank you for reminding me of your goodness through this child!

4 comments:

Virginia said...

That was a sweet post. Miss you, Keylors!

-V.

Lydia & Scotty said...

Aw...So Cute! She's growing up so fast! I miss you guys.

Amy said...

Wow! She is growing up so fast. I wonder were she gets all the talking from? You or me?!! We miss you guys! The Anderson's

Jenny said...

I love it! I hadn't even thought about teaching Braden scripture yet. You are such a good mom! We're doing good to get him to say a bedtime prayer. The other night he said, "Dear God, thank you for Mommy and Daddy and the pillows." They are SO sweet when they're this young. --Jenny B.