9.08.2008

Blessed Morning

I know I have written about how hard the age of 2 has been, but I am also enjoying it more than ever. The whining has gotten less, I have gotten better at diffusing bad situations before she loses it, and I am more able to see all of the good in her. This morning was such a blessed morning, from the time I went in to wake her up, 'til the time I laid her down for a nap. She's so sweet. She wants to repeat everything I say, help me around the house, sing songs and dance with me. I love being her momma.
Precious Lord...I sit here with tears in my eyes. I bow before you in thanks and adoration for all of the undeserved blessings you have laid at my feet. Thank you for allowing me mornings like this to truly ponder all that I have to be thankful for. My relationship with you first and foremost, my husband who chooses to love me even when I'm not very lovable, my beautiful daughter, my amazing parents, my family, friends that love me and all my quirks, the list in my head goes on. Thank you Father. You truly are a good Father that gives good gifts. May I remember this even when the road isn't as smooth as it's been today.

If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!
Matthew 7:11

1 comments:

The Rainers said...

I needed to read that today! Thanks for writing it!