10.10.2008

Painful Week

Well, for those of you that don't know, it has been one crazy week. Saturday, I began to have pains underneath my left ribcage again (it happened about 2 months ago as well, though not near as bad). It got really bad Sunday night and I began to throw up because the pain was so intense. The pain was also really severe in my back. I could barely breathe or move. Dasun called my mom to come get me the next morning so she could take me to the doctor. That was Monday morning. It's a little humbling to walk into the doctor's office looking like I did with a throw up bucket infront of you. ha! The Dr said he was unsure, but he wanted to run some blood work and wanted me to have a CT scan, to see what the problem was. He also gave me a shot to help with the pain. Within the next 30 minutes, I started to get really drowsy and was finally able to get some much needed sleep. He also put me on some really strong painkillers. We were supposed to go the next day for the CT Scan, but my insurance said that it has to approve it before we go, despite Dr's orders, and it would take another 48 hours. My mom was awesome, she called around all morning an got through all of the red tape and got us approved. She ran into the room saying, "We've got it..we can get you in today!" I don't know what I'd do with out her. We went in for the appointment, drank about 40 ozs of nasty stuff, got the CT scan, and then went home to await the results. We didn't hear from the doctor until about 2:00 the next day. Apparently, I had an infection in my lungs that had caused my lung tissue to collapse (atelectasis of the lung), making it really painful to breathe and move. He said he's not totally sure though and wanted to do so more tests. We have yet to hear back from any of those. For now, I am on really potent antibiotics and painkillers. I thought I was getting better yesterday, so I decided to come home, despite my mom's hesitations. I woke up this morning wishing I hadn't made that decision. The pain seemed worse today than yesterday. It's subsided a little this afternoon though, so that's a blessing. So many of you have called me or texted me and let me know hat you were thinking of and praying for me. I can't tell you how much that means to me. Thank you for being such good friends to me. I am so blessed! Please continue to pray for my body to heal and for the pain to go away. I have a little girl who has been so patient with me, but she needs her momma to be able to move around and be normal again. I can't say thank you enough to my mom. She has taken care of Kennedy and I so well. I am going to miss being around her as much as I have been this week. We both cried when it was time to leave last night. We just enjoy being around each other so much, even when the circumstances aren't great. She is such a blessing and a joy to me. Please forgive any typos : ).

10 comments:

Brandy said...

omgosh. I'm praying right now! Let me know if there is ANYTHING I can do! I'm just down the road!!! Feel better soon!!

The Rainers said...

Again you know we are only a phone call away. If Kennedy needs to come over to play for a little bit just have Dasun call us! Love you girl!!

heather said...

I had no idea! When I left you a message earlier this week I wish I would've known! I'll be praying for healing!!! I love you!
Sharpie

JoAnna said...

I love you. Still praying.

Kat said...

I am so sorry! I will be thinking about you. I know you have a lot going on. Please keep us posted

Heidi said...

oh my dear sweet friend! I'm so sorry --- that sounds awful. I'm glad that your own mamma has been here to help out, that's wonderful. I'll be praying for you!

love,
heidi

Bonnie said...

Laura told me today you were in a lot of pain! Ash! Take care and let me know if I can help! Love you!

Lydia and Scotty said...

Ash~
We are praying for you...I hope you feel better soon. WE love you!

Brad and Deania said...

Oh, Ashley! Sorry to hear about your pain - we'll be praying for your quick healing. Please keep us posted! Big hugs!

Lee Ann said...

Ashley,
I am so sorry to hear of your troubles! I will be praying for you this week.
Lee Ann