12.20.2008

Catching Up :)

Life has been crazy busy lately! I haven't posted in over a month, so I am going to try to catch up in one post. We had a great thanksgiving. It was busy and full of travel, but it's always fun to see everyone. My sister and her family got to come up from Louisiana. It couldn't have come at a better time, because after we got back from Conway, we fount out some fun news to tell them...

We're pregnant!!!
(This is a close up of the shirt I made to surprise Dasun)
It was pretty surprising and a little scary to think of how much our lives are going to change,
but we are also excited! Kennedy has been one of the biggest blessings of our lives and now we get to have another huge blessing added to our lives! I went to the doctor a few weeks ago and found out that we were about 6 weeks along (now about 9 weeks) and are due on August 4th. I started getting pretty sick to my stomach at 7 weeks. With Kennedy I was sick until 19 weeks and lost about 20 pounds, so please pray that that would end soon. Those of you that remember my last pregnancy, remember how horrible it was and this time I have a 2 1/2 year old needing me. I can't very well feed her oranges for 15 weeks (which was my basic diet last time) ha! Please pray for everything to go well with this pregnancy and this precious little one.

On top of all of our traveling, I have gotten a lot of art business lately, that I have been trying to get done. It's been a huge blessing (but also a busy one). A sweet lady from our school gave me a ton of orders for family members, some of which really challenged my skill level. I warned her ahead of time that I don't have any training and she didn't have to pay me if she wasn't satisfied. She wanted me to do canvases that matched pictures of her nieces jumping on their horses, some of her nephews guitar, and also some pictures of dogs. I was nervous, but excited to try. I'm still working on some others for her, but here are a few I finished. She also hired me to do a couple of things for my sweet principal who just had her little girl. I also made a Big Sister t-shirt for her other little girl.
These are a few of the ones I've done for her:





Here are a few others I've done:
I did some leopard initial plaques for a beautiful young lady I used to teach when she was in 4th grade. I saw her while I was out shopping the other day and she is now in HIGH SCHOOL! I feel so old! ha!

I was also asked to make a camo painting for a little girl. They wanted it to be real camo, but girly. This was the first time I've done any camo and it was pretty fun to do...a little like an abstract.

13 comments:

Lindsey said...

Ashley....impressive dog paintings. You're really good. Congrats on being pregnant as well. I'm excited for you guys! I hope you are feeling good. Hugs.

Elle_Cooks said...

Congratulations!! We're very excited for you!

sara said...

Hey Ashley!

Wow, you are so talented! Love the paintings. How are you feeling? I was soooo sick with each of my pregnancies...so I completely sympathize with you. Let me know if there's ANYTHING I can do!

Lindsay and Robert said...

Hi Ashley - congratulations on your pregnancy!! I hope you feel great and that sickness doesn't slow you down. I am 16 weeks pregnant, and it is so different the second time around. Lucy just turned one, so there is no time to lay around and eat ice cream - hehe!!

Lydia and Scotty said...

Yeah~ I've been waiting on you to post your big news. :)
We are so excited for you!
Love you Lots!

Mauree said...

Congratulations! Your paintings are AWESOME! I need to get you to paint some airplane pictures for the baby's room. I just have not gotten around to deciding what I need for his room. I hope and pray that you will not be so sick this time. Take Care!

heather said...

I am so impressed by the horse paintings! What a talent! I hope and pray your sickness will end soon. Miss you!

lilcobbers said...

Yea!!! Congrats on the baby to be! I know you are all excited!

Kelley and Melissa said...

Congratulations, Ashley! I am so happy for you. I'll bet Kennedy is so excited! I hope you feel ok. I felt bad with Mia until month 5, so I feel you. Those "preggie drops" candies worked wonders for my sick stomach!

Mitzi said...

You are amazing!! Such a talented lady! I'm so impressed AND sooo excited about the new addition the the Keylor Family!! Oh my how I'm praying the Lord will take care of you during the yucky part! I love and miss you.

davidcatherinewilson said...

Hey Ashley,
So funny, the other day I was thinking, Ashley hasn't posted in awhile, I bet she's pregnant! And then tonight i saw you had posted a week ago! How exciting! Love all the paintings too!

The Lane Family said...

Hey Ashley, Congrats on your pregnancy! I am so excited for you!I will say a prayer for you that things are much better this go around. By the way... your art is beautiful! Talk soon.

Mandy

melia said...

Hey how are you feeling? I am so sick again this time. Email me sometime- mommymelia@yahoo.com