3.30.2009

Room Snippets

Here are some pictures of the unfinished rooms. We still have to do curtains, a little painting, etc...
A lot of you know that I was going to make the baby's bedding, but the Lord blessed us with another awesome find on craigslist. A lady had a custom set done for her little girl, who never slept in her room. The entire set (bed skirt, valance, bumper, diaper stacker, 2 throw pillows, and extra material) cost what only the material for the bumper would have cost!!!! Not only was it a good deal, but it matches the glider that's already in their and looks great with the black furniture (which has been hard to match). I was so excited!!!

Then after looking for a long time online, I found this sweet bedding for Kennedy's room. I think it looks pretty cute with the black furniture and I already had this little black table. Mimi and Papa got Kennedy the bedding for her 3rd birthday (coming up on April 2nd) and Nana and Pop Pop gave us the bed for FREE! That's the kind of makeover budget I like! ha! Kennedy asked to sleep in it the first night we got it all together and has been sleeping in it ever since! She loves it! The next day she helped me bring all of her things over and even picked out some toys that she wanted to leave for the baby to play with. What a sweet girl!

This is the little armoire I found at the flea market/antique store and got a GREAT deal on. It's a 1940's armoire and it even has little hanging rods on both sides for her clothes. Her things fit perfectly! Winter/Fall on one side and Summer/ Spring on the other. She loves her new "closet" too...especially the mirror and all the drawers. :) And, yes...that's my guitar still sitting next to it, that I started to learn on when I was pregnant with Kennedy. ha! I'm really talented at letting it sit there and gather dust. ha!

7 comments:

Jenny said...

Very cool! I love Kennedy's "K" artwork above her bed. The colors are so fresh!

Heidi said...

cutie-pah-tootie all around!!!

sara said...

Love it! You are quick!

B said...

I saw that bedding on Craigs List, and I was like Man I wish I needed that! Ha! SO glad you got it!!!

Tadd and Elizabeth said...

Cute room pictures. I have two girls and love every minute of it. They will be so cute together. Congrats. E

righteousnessbyfaith said...

I LOVE kennedy's new bedding! TOO CUTE! I like the baby bedding too! It all looks so fun! Great job! And man, I am a little jealous that you scored the day bed! ;)

Lydia said...

ASH, Everything looks GREAT! I can't wait to see it in person.
Love You!