4.02.2009

Happy Birthday Kennedy!!!


Kennedy was born 3 years ago today..April 2nd. I TRULY cannot believe it was 3 years ago. I am so thankful for this sweet, funny, crazy girl. She has brought more joy to my life than I could have ever imagined. It's crazy to think that I will have another little girl running around here before long.
We had her little birthday party tonight. She's so much like me. She loves people, and isn't shy at all, but when it's too big and all about her, she gets a little stressed out. We only invited her 2 "best friends," Jane and Audrey and the sweet family that watches her for me on Tuesdays and Thursdays, but she was still a bit overwhelmed at times. The funny thing was that she didn't mind every one standing around and singing her happy birthday one bit. She just bopped her head to the tune and sang along as she grinned. It was pretty cute. :)
The kids played in the backyard for a while and had such a good time. Then we ate some good food, opened presents, ate some yummy birthday cake, and then went right back to playing outside. It was pretty chilly, but at least it wasn't raining. :)
After we put her to bed, she asked me to sleep in her new bed with her (something she's been wanting me to do for a while). I said sure and we squeezed in to her twin bed along with all her animals. I love cuddling with that sweet thing (grin). As I fell asleep she started tracing my face with her hands and then reached for my hand to hold it while she slept. We both woke up a little while later to change positions and she sat up in bed and proceeded to tell me that she loved all of her presents ..."I love my flowers, and I love my pretty clothes, and I love my bike, and my baby..." She didn't say as much as she usually would have about the gifts with everyone around her, but I thought it was really sweet that she was still thinking about them at 11:00 at night. One thing I love about her is that she is truly excited and thankful for the gifts she receives. I hope that never changes.
Thank you so much to our sweet friends and family that came and for the ones who couldn't (We missed you Knights & Keylors). I wish we could have had everyone we love over.
We are so thankful for you all!
(I'll post pictures from the party soon)

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Happy Birthday Kennedy! She may be sharing a birthday with my nephew. My sister was induced this morning.

Heidi said...

what a sweet girl, that comes from her mamma too, I think! ;)

I got David GOOD by the way - thanks for your help.

Jenny said...

Happy Birthday, Kennedy! :)