6.23.2009

My Sweet Mom

Those of you that know me well, know that I am a little weird about things needing to match (and lots of other things ha!). Our new stroller is all black and our old car seat is navy and light blue. I know that it's really petty, but I really wanted them to match. I started looking online for car seat covers and couldn't believe how pricey they were. I just couldn't justify spending that much, just so they would match. I decided to get some material and just try to do it on my own (Did I mention that I have very limited sewing skills?--curtains, purses, pillows, ...square things that don't take as much thought). I got some material and elastic but wanted to ask my mom about making button holes before I got started. She asked me to leave it with her so she could think about the best way to go about doing it and she'd get back to me. Well...she surprised me and did the whole thing!!! It was her first time to ever try to do one and I am SO impressed with how great it turned out! I would've probably gotten so frustrated and it wouldn't have turned out near this well. I am so thankful for all the time she put into doing this for me...truly a labor of love! THANKS MOM!!!


5 comments:

Ashley said...

I love the fabric. It looks adorable.

Bishop Family said...

What a great mom! Very talented- like mother like daughter!

Jenny said...

Your mom must really be so sweet (and talented)! I remember when she made that cute cover for the big tub in your classroom. Wasn't it a surprise, too? :)

sara said...

Oh my word, that looks so great! :)

Lydia said...

L-O-V-E it!! Your mom should go into the car seat cover business. :)