7.08.2009

Progress : )

So...I went to the doctor yesterday for my 36 week appointment. She asked me some questions (any cramping, stomach tightening, etc...) and after I clarified what she meant I said, "actually yes." Apparently I have been having contractions, but since I had all back labor with Kennedy (she was faced the wrong way), I didn't recognize them as such. In addition to the test she was doing, she decided to check me just in case....all of a sudden she had a bit of a surprised look on her face and told me I was already at 4 cm! All of a sudden my fears totally subsided, my mouth dropped open, and I couldn't stop smiling. I wasn't expecting to hear that at all! We were thinking at least 3 more weeks, because I was a week early with K. On one hand, I know it could still be a while, but to know that it might be soon is very exciting. I have a few painting jobs I have to finish (luckily I decided to take the rest of the month off. ha!), a little more to do on her scrapbook, and lots to do around the house, but all in all, we are pretty ready---or think we are. ha! Please be praying for the baby to continue to develop, gain weight, stay healthy, and for the delivery to go well. I feel so blessed to have made it this far with no complications. I know what a huge blessing that is and am so grateful. I am not taking it for granted for even one second.

12 comments:

Matt and Jenny said...

Wow, Ash! You guys are so close to baby #2! Cannot wait! I am glad you are well! Keep us posted!

Matt and Jenny said...

Wow, Ash! You guys are so close to baby #2! Cannot wait! I am glad you are well! Keep us posted!

Baby Blues and Wrestling Moves said...

Wow! 4 cm. How exciting! She'll be here so soon. Congrats! I'll keep checking in to see if she makes an early debut :) Thanks for your sweet comments.

Lydia said...

Can't wait..So excited for you guys! I'm hoping to get a call within the next couple of weeks. :)

Virginia said...

Ashley, how exciting! Praying for you guys and for that sweet little girl. She'll be here before you know it!

V.

The Lane Family said...

That is great Ashley! I will keep you in my prayers, please keep us updated! Great family pics!!! Those are priceless! We did family pics right before we became a family of four also. This is such a special time for you guys! Love ya!

Mommy said...

How exciting! What a happy surprise! I'll be thinking of you..keep us posted!
Carolyn

Debra said...

That's progress alright! How exciting! PLEASE keep updated. We're praying for you.

Bishop Family said...

How exciting! Not long now! Keep us posted! I can't wait to meet this sweet girl!

Ashley said...

The thought of her arrival is so wonderful! I'm thrilled for the three of you. I did want to let you know that I walked around dialated to 3cm for 4 weeks with my #2, so don't be disappointed if it still takes a while. :) I can't wait to hear your news!

The Rainers said...

YEAH!!! Hopefully we can make it back into town!!!

Katie said...

How exciting Ashley! I've been checking on you every so often. Hope everything goes well for you. One of my teammembers at school just had #2 this morning and was a breeze. That's what I'm praying for! We have 100 days to go!