8.03.2009

She's here!!!

I am sorry to just now be posting, but the last day and a half was a little blurry...filled with lots of sweet friends, sweet memories, and very little sleep --which I more than expected :).

Our sweet girl decided to come on August 1, 2009. She didn't want to though...it was a very long delivery. Kennedy's delivery was long as well, but I had heard so many stories of 2nd deliveries being a little easier, so I think my expectations were a little off. We got to the hospital at 12:00 and when my Dr checked me at 12:45, she surprisingly said that I was ready to go and it was already time to start pushing. I wasn't expecting it to be that fast (and I was right). She said we better get Dasun back in the room b/c it could happen right away....well after about 7.5 hours of pushing, she finally arrived! I was so exhausted, but when I saw her, I forgot all about that and just started crying tears of joy! I couldn't believe I was finally getting to see her! When she was first born she looked a lot like Kennedy, but we are seeing differences now and think she has a little of Dasun in her. She weighed 7 lbs 12ozs, 21 inches long, and was sweet from the beginning. Dasun and I had a little alone time with the baby and decided on the name Adelynn Cruz---Adelynn (which means sweet) and Cruz (which means cross in Spanish). She has such a sweet disposition (although now we've seen a firey side ha!) and is already nursing so well. We are trying to catch up on rest and have a little family time, but i can't wait for you all to meet her soon. I'll post more pictures soon. : )
yes...dasun has a black eye and sticthes, but I promise that it didn't come from me. ha! He got it playing basketball last week.







17 comments:

Virginia said...

Ashley and Dasun,

7 hours of pushing! Oh my goodness, you are amazing! Congratulations on your sweet little Adelynn. She is a beautiful baby girl. Can't wait to meet her, hopefully soon. Miss you guys!

Love,
-Virginia

Amy said...

Congratulations!! Kayden said she can't wait to spoil her, like we have spoiled Kennedy. You have a beautiful addition to you wonderful family. Hope you are getting some much needed rest.

Love you guys! Amy and family

Polkadots & Paisleys said...

7.5 hours of pushing! bless your heart! I bet you are definitely glad that's over and she is here! I love her name! Congrats

Sara said...

How in the world do you look that amazing after 7 and half hours of pushing???!!! I'm glad you're all healthy and doing well. I can't wait to see that precious girl!

Debra said...

Congratulations Ashley! She's just beautiful. We're praying for some rest for you, and can't wait to see more pictures.

Kristi and Joey said...

Ashley,
She is beautiful. Guess you can't use that July birthstone charm, huh? Love her name. Look forward to seeing more pics!
Kristi

Taylor Family said...

Congratulations Ashley!!! She's so beautiful, just like her mom!

Heidi said...

Congratulations!! yay!!

Jenny said...

Congratulations!!! Your sweet Adelynn is precious! I love her name! You look so beautiful in all the pictures, but OH... I am aching for you... 7.5 hours of pushing?! I thought 2 was bad. HUGE HUGS to you!!!

The Rainers said...

We are so happy to finally meet little Adelynn!!Audrey is already asking when we are coming over to visit! Love you guys and see you soon!!
Casey

Christine said...

Wow! You are awesome! Congratulations on your sweet little girl, and I love the name.
Take care!

Mommy said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful! I hope she is letting you get some well deserved rest!

Carolyn

Beth Ann Fox said...

Soo excited for you! Her name and the meaning of it is so beautiful - and you just looked radiant and full of grace- as always. Enjoy these sweet days- love you! Please call if we can do anything for you. Beth Ann

Lindsey Cobb said...

She is precious and you look amazing for having such a hard day! Congrats!

Lindsey said...

Congratulations on sweet baby Adelynn! I hope you are able to get some rest!

Kerri said...

Ashley,
Congrats. It was so good to see you. Of coarse you look amazing and have such a adorable family.
Love,
KErri Chesnutt

About Us said...

Ashley,

She is just precious! Of course, how couldn't she be with such a beautiful mommy. We are so happy for you all.

Love you girlie!
Amy Becksted