12.07.2009

Mom Update -Post Surgery

I told most of you through facebook, but I just wanted to update this and make sure you all knew that my mom's surgery went well. We got there this Wednesday and each got to have some special time with her before she went in for her double mastectomy. There were a lot of tears, but I got to tell her how proud I was of her for doing so many things I knew she was terrified of doing.
She said that a friend of hers gave her a neat quote from John Wayne the day before her surgery,
"Courage is being scared to death- but saddling up anyway."
Don't you love that?! I want to paint that on a canvas for her to always remember.
I can't tell you how beautiful it was to see people fill the waiting room in support of my mom and dad...taking of work in the middle of the day to come check on her and pray over her. I have been so overwhelmed (in the best way) by the outpouring of love that we have seen...amazing!

She has been encouraged that she is recovering more quickly than she thought. She is still hurting, but she is encouraged that she'd not hurting more than she is. She will meet with her doctor tomorrow to discuss the tests results and to talk about where to go from here. Thank you so much for your prayers for my mom. Please continue.

**special thanks to my friend Mrs. Amy who watched the girls for me so that I could truly just be with me mom on the day of her surgery. She is such a sweetheart and a blessing to our family. We love you Mrs. Amy.

0 comments: