3.22.2010

Scripture Memory Project - How To

I get pretty frustrated at my inability to recall certain things I have learned, especially from the bible. I can tell you almost everything that happened in the story, except the names or where the story is found, which makes it pretty hard to refer to when I need to. I truly want to hide God's word in my heart. Verses, yes, but more importantly, also the context...the lessons. I decided to make a journal to record these things down in, so that I can a. write them down in my own words, b. be able to refer to it whenever I need to, and c. study and review it.
I thought I would take pictures as I went and post it as a little HOW TO in case you want to make one. It doesn't get much easier than this and it was something you could easily do in a few spare minutes.

What you need:
  • Composition notebook
  • 2 pieces of scrapbook paper for the front and back(or how ever many you want to use)
  • 2 more pieces of scrapbook paper for the title
  • modge podge
  • paint brush
  • acrylic paint (optional)
  • scissors
  • exacto knife
Trace your notebook (minus the binding) onto the back of the scrapbook paper & cut it out.

Break out the Modge Podge.
(I didn't have any, so I had to use this, but Modge Podge works great and is much cheaper).
Brush on a little all over the back of the paper then carefully place it down. Press it down from the middle out. I also did this on the back.

If you have any extra paper sticking out, just use your exacto knife to trim it off.

Cut out your other sheets (one needs to be 1/2 inch bigger:
example 3x4 smaller square -> 3 1/2 x4 1/2 larger square).
I used a paper cutter to make sure they were straight, but you could also just use a ruler and then cut them out.
Use the Modge Podge to glue them into place as well and then just write your title on.
Then I used a teeny bit of brown paint to distress the edges a bit.
Wala!...cute journal, that's unique and can be much more fun to look at than a regular composition notebook.



1 comments:

Mod Podge Amy said...

VERY cute! Love the colors.