3.09.2010

Update on my mom

I just wanted to give you a quick update on my mom. I know I have talked to several of you, but there are a lot of you that tell me you just wait for updates, so as not to bother us.
First of all, on February 10th we got to celebrate the fact that she had her LAST CHEMO!!!! Praise the Lord! She wasn't feeling great after it, so I ran to Copeland's and got her favorite kind of cheesecake (creole style) so we could celebrate at home. We had a great celebration night and will have a much better celebration when she is done with this whole mess.

She has been having an excruciating pain in her left side. It's hurting so badly that she's having trouble breathing (but of course she doesn't complain...crazy girl). They put her on some pain killers that help, but she doesn't like feeling loopy and can't drive or do certain thins while on them. They think it may be nerve damage, so they have given her some injections and have also done a procedure (which was really painful) to try and remedy the problem, but it's still hurting. She did say it's not quite as bad as last week, which is encouraging. She started radiation March 3rd and says that she's feeling a little weird from it and really tired, but it's not as bad as chemo. I think she may still be coming off of the last chemo effects as well. I am praying that she continues to get better everyday and starts to see the end of this very long road. It's so easy to get discouraged when you are faced with day after day of pain and exhaustion.
She will have approximately 47 treatments of radiation altogether and has to go in everyday (should finish in May). She still has a ways to go, but I am hopeful that the worst part is over. Thank you all for checking in on her and for continuing to write her letters and be there for her. I am so thankful that she has gotten the chance to see how loved she is by so many. I found this quote and had to make her a little magnet with this on it. It turned out horribly wrinkly, but she loved it anyway.

6 comments:

Heidi said...

thanks for the update - still thinking and praying for your sweet warrior mama

Tadd and Elizabeth said...

I'm so glad your Mom is through with her chemo, it can be so hard. The radiation hopefully won't be as bad, just pretty tiring! We are continuing to pray for her and your family. Elizabeth

sara said...

thanks for the update friend. i'm continuing to pray.

Kerri said...

Thanks for the update Ash. Praying for you guys and thinking of you often

Baby Blues and Wrestling Moves said...

Thanks for the update. I'm glad the end is in sight. Praying that her chemo/radiation kill all those cancer cells!

Mitzi said...

So glad for the update! I know this has been such a long journey and so difficult to watch someone you love be in so much physical pain. Thinking and praying still! Love you guys!