7.16.2010

Best Shower Cleaning Method Ever!

Okay folks, I meant to share this with you a long time ago, but I let it slip my mind. So today after I finished cleaning my showers (in no time flat), I thought I would get on here and tell you about it before I forgot.

This idea came about because my mom and I, both avid cleaners, are always trying out new ideas to make cleaning better and easier.
I have a textured floor in my shower and despite trying, several cleaners and scrubbers (bleach, comet, soft scrub, etc...), it still looked dingy.
I knew it was clean, but my type A personality wouldn't let me be okay with that.
It needed to look clean as well.

Enter the beautiful combination of.....


wait for it...

Tilex Bathroom Cleaner and Magic Erasers!!!

Sounds simple, but let me tell you, it will make your shower cleaning SO MUCH easier!
My friend Carrie e-mailed me after trying it and said she was in love with me. ha!

The Method:
  • Spray the shower down with Tilex bathroom cleaner (you can use the mold/ mildew Tilex as well, but it's pretty fumy, so unless you have mildew problems, I wouldn't).
  • Then simply use your magic eraser to wipe it down (off brands are fine).
  • Rinse (by the way, if you don't have a moveable sprayer showerhead, that also makes cleaning your shower easier ---and yes, they have pretty ones)
The soap scum just wipes off! NO SCRUBBING!
and that textured floor, completely beaming. : )

If you try this out, please leave me a comment or e-mail me and let me know how you like it. I hope it makes your bathroom cleaning much easier!

**Bonus: It also works great on those textured refrigerator handles.

5 comments:

Jenny said...

You are a genious! I haven't tried it yet, but I'm sure it will work. I want to know all your cleaning tips, because if there was a "green thumb" of the cleaning world, mine would be black. :)

Debbie said...

Thanks Ashley...I've even tried those battery operated scrubbers, and that was hard....Bless you for this discovery. LOL

Chris and Carrie said...

I still am in love with you! It only takes me about 10 minutes to clean my bathroom now, instead of 30!

The Keylors said...

So happy to hear from so many of you (some through facebook) and hear that this is working for you. Hopefully it will make your cleaning days a little easier!

Erin said...

I am new to your blog and loving it!!! I am so trying this tomorrow btw...

another tip...Magic Erasers rock when cleaning your car...I recommend the heavy duty ones with the scrubby backing...so they don't fall apart. I have tan plastic(?) on my car doors and the erasers take sticky, icky kid marks off without a second thought! Just grab a bowel of warm water to take out to the car with you and it is easy breezy!