9.19.2010

Peanut Can Candle Holder

So, I have been redecorating my bathroom, which has been so fun!!!
(pictures to come soon)
I needed a candle holder to go with the new decor,
but didn't want to spend any money,
so I looked around the house and tried to find something usable.

This is what I came up with...

A horrible looking peanut can.
Dasun found this on a trip to Wal-Mart and just had to try them. ha!
Any can would do, but I kind of liked that this had natural paper underneath just in case a little showed through. You could always paint the can with a little paint and get the same effect.
I got my trusty hot glue gun and some jute twine and started to wrap the can.
When I finished, it still needed a little something,
so I cut a little piece of black ribbon and wrapped it around as well.
I think it turned out pretty well for an old peanut can. : )

3 comments:

Kendra said...

Super cute girl!! We've so had that same can in our house thanks to my iron mouth husband! ha! :)

Lydia said...

Love it!! It would take me 102 days to do that. :)

Laraine Eddington said...

That is so cute. I even think I could do this.