2.01.2011

The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe (as requested)

I have had a lot of you ask for the awesome chocolate chip cookie recipe I was raving about, and thought this snowy day might be a great time for you to try it out.

Ingredients:
2 sticks unsalted butter
2 1/4 cups BREAD flour (I have heard this is one of the secrets)
1 teaspoon kosher salt

1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/4 cups brown sugar
1 egg
1 egg yolk
2 tbsp. milk
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375 degrees

First, melt the butter in a medium saucepan over low heat
Next, In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking soda (set aside).
Then, Pour the melted butter into a large bowl. Add the sugar and brown sugar. Cream the butters and sugars on medium speed. Add the egg, the yolk, 2 tbsp of milk, and the vanilla and mix well.
Then, slowly pour the flour mixture in.
Next, stir in your chocolate chips and chill the dough
Lastly, use an ice cream scoop to scoop the dough (not the small kind...regular ice cream scooper size). You'll have approximately 6 per cookie sheet. The recipe originally said to use parchment paper, but I just used my silpat and it worked wonderfully. Just make sure to cool in between batches.

Bake for 12-14 minutes (I always rotate my cookie sheet at 5 minutes and then start watching them after 10 minutes to make sure they don't get overdone.) They should just be slightly golden on the tops. Take out and cool completely before storing.

This recipe makes about 36 cookies...just enough for me (I mean, for our family). ha!

My favorite part about these cookies is that they stay moist on the inside for much longer than any other cookie recipe I have tried. No one likes a dried out chocolate chip cookie, so that's pretty important.

I think they'd be great with some peanut butter chips or even a little coconut in them...yum!!

Okay, I am getting hungry, so I am off to bake some of these goodies. : )

If you try it out, let me know. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!

Oh yeah!!!

1 comments:

Kendra said...

They look delicious!!! You make me want to bake girl! Hugs! :)