2.09.2011

Chalkboard Options

Well...since we have had a little extra time on our hand with over 20 inches of snow outside, I thought I would toy around with some options for my chalkboard. I don't have photoshop, so I had to do it a bit differently. I used a picture of our house before I did the drum pendant, so that you could see the kitchen. This is the view form the front door of our little casa.

Here are some rough (and I mean rough) mock ups:

1. Sage (probably with some black distressing)
2. Subdued Lime (also distressed in some way...not sure yet)
-this one is showing up a little bright. It would be a lot more muted)

3. Dark teal
4. Black (not horrible since the actual chalkboard
will be more of a gray after it has chalk on it).

What's your vote???
I am curious to hear what you think. : )

10 comments:

B said...

BLACK!!! I love how it draws your cabinets out!

Lindsey Cobb said...

I like the teal! Love it with the color of your kitchen walls!

ChRiS said...

Sage or Black

Katie said...

I like all the colors minus the yellow. :) I am VERY indecisive. eeek. Good luck, can't wait to see how it turns out!
-Katie
http://thebrockmeyers.blogspot.com

Jenny said...

I like either sage or black the best. I don't know if the lime would be a big enough contrast against your wall color. The teal would look nice, but you would need to add more pops of it in other places around the room. Have you thought about white? Or, dare I say, pink? You know, "honeysuckle" (pink) is the color of the year. ;)

Kendra said...

Whatever color you LOVE is the color you should pick!! I don't think you can go wrong...all are great choices. Can't wait to see it!

Ava said...

I vote sage!

Kendra said...

Girl...it's just paint. Go with teal and then if you want to paint it black later, you can (or vice versa)!! If you did do teal, just put out a teal vase and some teal candles. You'll make it adorable no matter!! You are so cute and creative!! Hugs girl!

Lydia said...

1st choice~Black
2nd~sage
Can't wait to see the finished product.

sara @ it's good to be queen said...

yeah, i vote for the black. :)