2.07.2011

Craigslist how I love thee!

Look what I got on Craigslist!
....for FREE!!!

It's HUGE (almost covering my entire table)
and it's REAL WOOD!
For FREE!
I know I already said that, but woo hoo!!!
I love the beveled edge and can't wait to make something really neat out of it!
I can just see it painted and distressed!!!
Although, I can't even begin to decide what color I want it to be yet.
I had been looking for a big frame because
wanted to make aneat chalkboard or something for my dining room wall.

Kennedy is about to start Kindergarten so it would be great to have something at home to do my calendar/ lessons on. My awesomely creative friend Sara had done a big chalkboard on her wall a long time ago, and I loved it!I am not sure if I want to do a chalkboard or not. I though about possibly wrapping the center section in some neat fabric and then just putting glass over it for a kind of make shift white board, but that might look junky.
I don't know.

Chalkboard or Whiteboard?
Color for the frame?
Any other ideas?
Let me know what you guys think?

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Woo-Hoo! Great find! I've only looked on Craig's List once, and didn't find anything good, and certainly nothing good for FREE! :)

I just discovered Sara's blog the other day, and she is very talented! I bookmarked her chalkboard tutorial. And I saw that she is a Meg stalker, too! (Meg from the whatever blog). I really want to go to a crafty girls' weekend like Meg had at her house.

Anyway... I think a black chalkboard would look wonderful. It might be a little dusty to actually use for lessons, though. I don't know. I've never had one in my house. You could do black fabric under glass and use those neon markers like they do at restaurants. That might not really go with your decor, though. Whatever you do, I'm sure it will look great! :)

Laraine Eddington said...

I rejoice with you in your treasure. I can't wait to see what you make. Alas, I'm not a creative decorator. I'm a creative copier.