2.25.2011

My Crazy Health Update

Well, it's been kind of a crazy year, one thing after another, but this month has been especially crazy. I had a rib pop out of place (for unknown reasons--just happened), then my shoulder went out...seriously painful and wouldn't move, then my jaw popped out of place while we were eating dinner one night. It still hurts to chew and my teeth don't meet on the left side. The next week I got strep throat and pink eye, and then my knee started to hurt and swell to the point that I couldn't put any weight on it. The doctor thinks that it was caused by my strep getting into my bloodstream and causing an infection and inflammation in my knee. We thought we were going to have to have surgery this morning and had been praying that it wouldn't be necessary. When we went in today, my knee fluids looked so much better and it looks like the infection had gone for the most part. I still had a lot of inflammatory fluids, so he gave me a really strong anti-inflammatory prescription, a cortisone shot, and I'll be staying on my strong antibiotics as well. He wants to get some more blood work done again on Sunday to see if my levels have dropped back down to normal. He'll check me again on Monday, but for now we are just thankful that surgery wasn't necessary and are praying that this remains the case. I am praying that the swelling goes down soon and that I can hopefully bear some weight on it soon. I am ready to be back to normal and off of these crutches. : )

How's that for a crazy week?
I told Dasun that if I was a horse I would have already been put down. ha!!
We still don't know anything about my ribs, my shoulder, and my jaw, but I met with a doctor about it this week too, so hopefully I will get those things back to normal as well and I can stop falling apart. ha!

**Update:
Well, the craziness didn't stop there, migraines, flat tires, etc...but we also got some good news. My blood work came back with higher levels of white blood cells, so he said we weren't out of the woods. He put me on some more medication. I went in for more blood work Thursday and then met with him again on Friday. Thankfully my blood work came back and everything looks good!
I am also walking like normal again. I sure don't take that for granted anymore. : ) Thank you for your prayers. I truly appreciate it. : )

9 comments:

sara @ it's good to be queen said...

oh my goodness bless your pitiful heart!! ;) i'm praying God returns you to full health. let me know what happens with your ribs/jaw/shoulder. love you!

Lydia said...

My poor friend! Let me know if you need anything! Love you

Heidi said...

i'm so sorry, friend. that all sounds just terrible! i just heard another sad strep story today - nasty stuff!!

i'll be praying for a FULL recovery for you. if we were still in town i'd totally host your sweet girls for a playdate to give you a rest.

huggs!
~h

Laurel said...

Poor girl - hope next week is BETTER!

Jenny said...

We are praying for you, and so glad the surgery was not necessary!

Kendra said...

Praying for your health sweet friend!! Love you...call if you need anything!!

Lindsey Cobb said...

My goodness! This sounds terrible! Praying for you to get better all over!

Alisha said...

Oh my... what a week!!! Hope everything gets figured out and back to normal soon!

Joycee said...

just read this, you have really been through the mill. Glad to know that the infection is going away. Take care Ashley...