4.29.2011

Chalk it up!

Well folks...I finally got 'er done.
Adelynn knocked off a bunch of the frames from our frame ledges this week
and it was just the push I needed to get on with my chalkboard plan.
So what if it was really stupid planning on my part
to do it during one of the busiest weeks ever?
The school I teach at had a crazy busy week, so I was up there most nights.
Kennedy's school had things planned all week too.
We were having company that weekend,
so at some point, I needed to get my house clean.
It was looking bleak, but somehow
[in the wee hours of the morning] it got done.

This is what it looked like before:


When I first mentioned the chalkboard, Dasun acted a little disappointed that our wall o' pictures would be going away, so I came up with another plan for those.
I'll post about that a little later.
And yes, I ingeniously planned that project for this week also. ha!!!

Here's the after:

I'm not sure that I LOVE it or even like it better than the pictures,
but it's definitely more sturdy and
we have been having a ball drawing on it. : )
As I was writing something springy, I got interrupted.
When I came back, Dasun had added this....
-I left it : ) Makes me smile.

1 comments:

Lydia said...

I'm glad you went with black. :)
So, where's your picture wall now. I don't think I can wait until the next post. :)