5.06.2011

The Picture Relocation Project

BEFORE

So I mentioned earlier, in my chalkboard post, that my husband was less than thrilled that I was getting rid of our picture wall in the dining room. I didn't really want to get rid of them either, but there wasn't another spot for the big chalkboard to go.
I knew the little ledges wouldn't be able to go anywhere else in the house, so I thought I would try to see if I could fit the pictures in a grouping over the desk.
I have seen this done many times, using newspaper to mark spots and get everything organized before putting holes all over the walls, so I thought it might be worth a try.

1. I traced everything and cut it all out, then I
started taping them up to see if it would even work.
2. I was a little surprised, but it looked like it might work, so I started measuring the frames to get the exact spot where the nail would go (see pictures to see the measuring process).





3. Then my awesome husband hung them for me
(while I finished the chalkboard project).
He wasn't to sure about my "method,"
but it worked pretty well. We only had to make a few adjustments
to make them all perfect which was MUCH easier than trying to wing it.


I am still getting used to all of the change around here,
but I think it was a success!
Change is fun regardless. : )
I'm thinking that the chalkboard needs a
little something colorful and fun added.
I have a little something in mind,
but it might be a big ol' flop. We'll see. : )

5 comments:

Jenny said...

It looks great! I've had good luck with the Command Picture Hanging Strips if you ever want to avoid the nail holes. Nails are cheaper, of course, but the strips work really well for things that aren't so easily hung with a nail. :)

Karen Akins said...

Looks fabulous!!

Joycee said...

Change is hard for me too, but I really think it's good for us! Those pictures will be your greatest treasures when the girls are grown!Happy Mother's Day sweetie...

Betsy said...

Looks great!

Lydia said...

LOVE! ;)
By the way, it has been like 261 days, 14 hours and 8 minutes since I've seen you last....miss you!