8.06.2011

Adelynn's 2nd Birthday!

This past Monday we celebrated Adelynn's 2nd Birthday.
I wanted everything to be as normal as possible despite
all that's going on and God was so faithful in helping it happen.
I went to wal-mart around midnight or so to try to find all that I needed...
decorations, plates, her present, party favors, etc...
I went in, wondered around in a fog for a while,
with very little idea of what I was even looking for,
and then it started clicking.
I found plates, a table cloth, streamers, etc..
I also found these little sidewalk chalk containers
and some ribbon to tie around them for party favors.
(I also ordered the cake this year (from Harps),
since I wasn't going to be home during the day
and they did a GREAT job! I was so impressed!)

I wasn't sure what to get her for her birthday,
so I wondered through the toys,
trying to think of all the things she loves doing,
and then I saw it!
A little cozy coupe!
When we were at our friends house a few days ago,
she loved their cozy coupe.
She stayed out in the hot sun instead of getting into the pool
because she didn't want to get out of the car. : )
and here it sat...on sale and totally affordable!
God is so good!

This is the swimsuit my mom bought for K.
Her best buddy had the same one. What are the chances?
She LOVED her car!

Her cousins, Caleb and Luke, got to come to her party this year.
After the sun started to go down,
we headed outside for some water fun : )


When we came back in the girls wanted to watch a little bit of a movie
and of course Adelynn wanted to watch it in her car...so cute. : )

We wish Mimi and Papa and Nana and Pop Pop could have been there,
but it was still a very special day for our special gal.


1 comments:

~Sutherland Smiles~ said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet baby girl~