10.05.2011

DEElicious Good For You Cookies!


Okay folks! You are not going to believe me, but I have actually found some cookie recipes that are DEElicious and actually good for you (well, except the chocolate chips maybe).

I haven't been able to eat flour or dairy lately because of a crazy doctor ordered diet, so I have been craving some cookies big time. I ran across this recipe by a lady named Dreena. I changed it just a tad, but not much.

Here’s the recipe I followed to make

Walnut Chocolate Chip Spelt Cookies:

1 cup spelt flour (spelt is actually where our flour came from, but it's less processed and considered wheat free- It works the same as regular flour for most recipes -you can get this at whole/ natural food stores and it's NOT expensive at all!)

1 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1/4 cup Sucanat (sugar cane natural)

-you can get this at whole/ natural food stores too

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/3 cup maple syrup -might be the magic ingredient : )

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1/4 cup Canola oil

1/3 cup semi sweet chocolate chips

1/3 cup chopped walnuts

(I chopped mine really fine and barely even knew they were in there)

Preheat the oven to 350*F. In a large bowl, mix together spelt flour, baking powder, baking soda, Sucanat and salt. In a separate bowl, stir together maple syrup, molasses, vanilla extract and canola oil until well combined. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts. Place spoonfuls of batter on cookie sheets -and a silpat mat if you have one and bake for 10 minutes (or less-I usually start watching mine after 8 min.) Makes 12 cookies.

These cookies were so yummy!

I have another recipe to share with you later from the same lady, that's even better for you and still really great! I'd even love to just make them for the cookie dough. I am so thankful to be finding things I can eat!

0 comments: