11.15.2011

Bedroom Progress

I mentioned that our old comforter went kaput.
It was literally coming apart at the seams,
not to mention our lovely sippy cup stains
from our "no spill" sippies,
so it was time to bid adieu to ol' stripey
and welcome another.

Our Bedroom Before:

Our Bedroom Making Some Progress:
I bought a new comforter (overstock)
-king size so that it wouldn't be too short on the sides).
I am so glad I did that.
I also bought some really fun pillows (Target)
-on clearance! -woo hoo!
And then added my yellow distressed chalkboard.
I had to keep our Crosses because
we bought them when we first got married
to represent the two of us (small crosses)
and our Lord and Savior (Big cross)
He is the glue that holds us together.
The verse I wrote on our Chalkboard
has been our verse since we started dating.

Col. 1:17 "He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together"

I still have some more projects that need to be done...
curtains, fun lampshades, etc...
but first, I'll take a break to save my pennies,
roam some thrift stores, browse some pinterest,
and figure out exactly what I want to do.
For now, I just want to grin a huge grin
every time I see my fun pillows!
Love chevron stripes.
Love the yellow flower pillow
(that I had a crush on but refused to buy at full price
and finally scored the last one on clearance
which only made me love it more).
For those of you who don't know me,
I am type A big time,
so the fact that I got mismatched pillows
is a big deal and I am super proud of myself
for being all crazy like that. ha!!!

0 comments: