5.10.2012

Celebrating My Mom


This week is my Mother's birthday (9th) 
and Mother's Day (13th),
and though it's been a hard few days, 
I wanted to do a little something to honor her.
I thought I'd share some of my favorite pictures with you,
and a little of my heart as well.

 

 
  
so much happiness and love to give...amazing woman
 lots of precious memories

 always having fun with her grandchildren
 sweet love and kisses
  Her 50th birthday...that awesome laugh : )
 always ready for any adventure : )
  
beautiful ...even more inside than out
My dad and I were talking last night about what truly made her special and we must have talked for hours. She truly loved everyone and made sure to treat them that way. I have heard from so many people that said, "Vicky always made me feel special, and people don't usually treat me as anything special." That's just who she was. She was also Super Woman. She accomplished more in a day than anyone I know.  She loved to help others. Even when she was in the throws of chemo and barely functioning, she'd ask to help me make meals for one of my friends going through hard times. She also continued to take care of my ailing grandmother until a month before she went into hospice...amazing.  She was creative and never idle...in fact it killed her to just sit and do nothing. Even at the softball games, she's be teaching Kennedy how to make flowers into necklaces or seeing how everyone was doing.  She was a wonderful cook and made every single occasion special...always wanting to make memories and give little keepsakes.  She was also very very fun to be around. She loved to be ornery too...she was just the whole package.  
She was also as humble as they come. It bothered me sometimes. I wanted her to be able to see what we saw in her, but then, she wouldn't have been her.
A beauty, a servant, an amazing example,
a loving and encouraging wife, mother, and friend...
and so much more.
How blessed to be her daughter.
I miss you more than you know  mom...
and hold onto the blessed hope that we will see you again.

6 comments:

SILLy stories!! said...

That was beautiful!!! You're mom was an amazing person!!! I'll remember you and your family in my prayers this weekend!!!

sara @ it's good to be queen said...

Crying with you sweet friend. What a precious mama. Everything you said about her, I could say about you.
love you.

Kendra said...

Sweet Ashley...what a BEAUTIFUL post for your amazing mom. I have had you on my heart this week thinking about mom's day coming up. I was just telling some friends about you yesterday. I love you and I see how you honor your mom with your love and life. Those things you say about your mom are the things I say about you. Love you so much!!! Prayers for a peaceful and blessed day.

Kendra said...

Sweet Ashley...what a BEAUTIFUL post about an amazing mom. All those precious things you say about your mom are things I say about you. I've had you on my heart all week thinking about mom's day coming up...I even talked to my friends about you yesterday. Prayers for a blessed mother's day, sweet friend. Love you much!!!
Kendra

Brooke said...

wonderful tribute to your mom. she was beautiful inside and out.

Brooke said...

wonderful tribute to your mom. she was beautiful inside and out.