5.06.2012

Cinco De Mayo

We have a fun tradition of taco nights at our family.
I think it started with my mama Imogene.I can still remember gathering around her table and passing around the ingredients as everyone counted how many tacos they were eating...no one ever rivaling my dad of course. ha!
On Cinco de Mayo, I thought it might be fun to do that with the girls.
Ingredients needed:
  • soft corn tortillas (put a little canola in a skillet- not much- and heat them)
  • black beans
  • shredded cheese
  • shredded lettuce
  • diced tomatoes
  • seasoned beef
  • sour cream
  • & and whatever else you might want

You can pass around the ingredients and make 1-2 at a time or you can pile the ingredients altogether (salad style) and make them that way. I'm type A, so I like to do it 1 at a time and Dasun likes to make fun of me.
Either way, it's always a lot of fun and you can gurantee lots of interacting and talking.
...and very full bellies!
 
 
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: