8.23.2012

The Girl's New Bedroom!

We finally sold our house, but couldn't find another one, so when it was time to move out of our house, we stayed with my dad for a little bit until we knew what we were going to do. While we were there, the girls shared a room and loved it. Adelynn was about 2 1/2, so it was time to move her out of her little bed anyway. We are now in a rent house and have the girls sharing a room. Our thinking is that's it's so good for them to learn how to share a space with someone else, because you virtually have to for the rest of your life, whether it's in the form of a roommate or a spouse.  We got them some cute black twin beds that can either be used separate or as bunk beds.
After that, I was on the hunt for some bedding and
I kept being drawn to simple white bedding with fun pillows.
I finally found some fun white quilts and shams on ebay and
started to look for material for their little pillows.
I found it right before the girls were going to be out of town, so I decided to burn the midnight oil and finish it up before they got home.  My mom was always doing fun projects like that for Vanessa and I, so I come by it honestly. Even on days that we'd be at school, she'd change our whole room around to surprise us...such a fun memory!




















I used this SUPER easy pillow cover tutorial, that my sister-in-law Daspri told me about.
Here's the back of the envelope cover.

After making their pillows, I still wanted to add some more color, but didn't have time to run to the store, so I started digging through some little pieces of fabric and I found everything I needed...
the Lord is so good!
I cut out a triangle from some cardboard, traced them onto some fabric. Then I set them out to figure out my pattern. I ironed them and then started to run them through the sewing machine one by one. After I finished running them through, I finished the edges with some no fray solution. so they would look a little ragged but wouldn't fray any further.
 
 
 
 

 I wish you could have seen their faces when they walked in
& saw their room...mouths wide open with hands over them,
squeals, and "I LOOOVE IT! IT"S SO CUUUUTE!"


 

1 comments:

sara @ it's good to be queen said...

it looks so great!!! you are a sweet mama. :)