10.28.2012

Delicious New Recipe: Zucchini Parmesan "Lasagna"

Okay folks, I saw a recipe a while ago in which they used sliced zucchini to make a lasagna style dish, but they used bread crumbs and flour, which I am supposed to avoid, so I wanted to try my hand at my own lasagna inspired recipe. Today, I finally got around to it and I am SOOO glad I did!
I could have licked the dish (but my girls were watching : ). ha!
My recipe only uses lots of veggies and a little cheese, but it doesn't feel like it lacked anything to me. It really hit the spot. This is great for gluten free folks. : )

Here's the recipe:
Ingredients:
4 zucchinis
Spaghetti sauce -32oz (Ragu Chunky - tomato, garlic, and onion)
2 c Shredded mozzarella
3-4 handfuls fresh Baby spinach
Grated Parmesan
Garlic powder
Sea salt
Olive oil (I used an all natural spray)
*You'll also need tongs and foil

  • Cut zucchinis lengthwise about 1/4 inch thin
  • Put a little olive oil in your skillet and sauté the zucchini about  2 min per side (you'll have to do this in batches adding a little olive oil before each group)
 

  • Lay out your spinach leaves and chop them as finely as you can on the chopping board. 
  • Sprinkle desired amount of garlic powder, Parmesan, and sea salt and toss around to mix.
 

Layer ingredients into a 9x11 baking dish in this order:
  • 3/4 c Sauce
  • Sautéed Zucchini
  • 3/4 c Sauce
  • 2/3 c shredded mozzarella cheese
  • Sautéed Zucchini
  • 3/4 c Sauce
  • Seasoned chopped spinach
  • 2/3 c Cheese
  • Sautéed Zucchini
  • 3/4 c Sauce
  • 2/3 c Cheese

 

  •  Cover with foil
  • Bake at 375 for 20 min
  • Clean kitchen while its baking so you can relax later
  • Remove foil
  • Bake another 10 min

Enjoy!
I hope you love it as much as we did.
Everyone had seconds and I had to stop myself from having thirds.
So...even though this was a 16 serving meal, it's more like 8.
 

0 comments: