11.30.2012

Thanksgiving 2012


This was my 2nd time to be in charge of Thanksgiving dinner by myself and I was determined to be more organized this year so that I could get a head start and not be stressed on the actual day.
I got all dorky and made a 3 page document (what I was making & the recipes, What groceries I needed based on the recipe list, and what I needed to get done).
When I figure out how to share that document, I will. : )

I started the festivities by making my girls PB "turkeys"...
they were a big hit!
 

I also made these little place cards before hand.

Some simple twine around the silverware, some leaves from our "leaf hunt," a white piece of fabric folded in the center, and a little bowl full of gourds that I got at Wal-Mart for $.25 each,
and our table was set.: ) I was so excited!
 


 

I also made a yummy pumpkin cheesecake for the first time and it was a hit too!
Even my husband that doesn't like pumpkin anything loved it.
I only wish I hadn't eaten so much, so I could've eaten more of it. ha!

 These are the shirts our friend Ms. Pam made the girls.
I love all of the shirts, but these were my favorites!




We made little cards of things we were thankful through during the whole month of November, that no one was allowed to look at until the day we celebrated.
*I just used a little paper punch from Hobby Lobby to make the little cards.
 

It was so wonderful to read through all of our blessings together.


Fun Turkey Veggie Tray:
 
Oh blogger...why must you flip my pictures sideways?!
 

After dinner, we played some cards and Sorry!
I won at Sorry and I never win,
so Kennedy and I did a little celebration dance.
She was playing too, but we were pulling for each other.
We like being on each others "team."
 
 
The next weekend we headed to Hardy for the Keylor Family Thanksgiving!
 




Poor Daspri is trying to get her brothers to take a normal picture.
Never an easy task! ha!


My wonderful sister-in-laws : )

Pop Pop holding my sweet niece Keylee

Keylor Football (a big tradition)
-This year they included the littles...so sweet.

We ended the day with fun golf cart rides!!
We are so very blessed and so very THANKFUL!

0 comments: