11.19.2013

My Dad's 60th Birthday!!!

This year we got to celebrate my dad's 60th birthday!
I was so worried about getting back from Mayo in time, but we made it!
I got to do most of my planning from the house...making the invitations, making the banner, ordering the cake, making the Russ-taches and photo garland. My sister, Ann, and Tish helped with everything else. I am so thankful for their help. We ended up deciding to have a motorcycle themed party with a few of his motorcycle riding buddies to keep it a bit smaller. The theme was "cruising into 60." 
It was such a fun night!
This was his view when he entered the room.
I thought it would be fun to do Russ-staches since he's had a mustache for as long as most people have ever known him.

 He was truly surprised and LOVED the mustaches. : )

 Here'a a picture of the fun cake we ordered from Harps.
They did a great job! I just showed them my design and they made it happen.
 I made a bunch of picture garlands to put around the house with pictures from when he was a baby until now. I even found a few gems like these:
 Love those short shorts: Magnum P.I. anyone?

 Great food and Great friends!

Fun gifts and hilarious cards
 My sweet Daddy : )

0 comments: