1.10.2014

Health Update and PRAISE!

Where to even begin?
I feel like I have so much on my heart.
I want to shout from the rooftops,
through the tears running down my face,
telling of God's faithfulness that continues to blow me away.
I told you a while ago of my anxiety and stress because of our medical bills.
I told you of my struggle to try to "fix things" in my own strength.
Trying to brainstorm ways to help, only to be met with the overwhelming knowledge that this was bigger than us. That realization led me to, looking at the waves around me, starting to sink, and being terrified, just as Peter was. Then I was reminded to keep my eyes on the faithful one that actually CAN handle all of this. I cannot begin to tell you what has happened since my last update.
We began to receive letters in the mail, many of them anonymous, with notes of encouragement and money. One of my mom's friends even asked her children to give money to us instead of receiving gifts this Christmas. My sweet cousin's community group took up a collection for us. Some of our friends even bought some presents for the girls for Christmas. Another friend of ours that makes very little money gave us money as well. I am crying again even as I write this. I feel like an Israelite, looking out at the uncrossable Red Sea only to watch God part the waters and make a way. 
Thank you for being a part of that miracle!

I am so very overwhelmed and thankful for friends and family that are willing to walk this road with us and bear our burdens (Gal. 6:2). We certainly don't deserve it, and will never be able to fully repay the kindness that's been shown to us, though I will do my best. It's so beautifully humbling to have to sit back, feeling so helpless, and watch the Lord meet your needs. I have always known that our God is able to do immeasurably more than we ask or imagine, but these recent trials have made me more dependent on Him than ever. His faithfulness brings me to my knees in praise,
which brings me to my next praise. I was able to get on my knees and pray this week. It hurt, but I could do it. I remember wanting to fall on my knees during the pain and cry out for help and not being able to. There's just something about being on your knees before the Lord & I am so thankful to be able to do that again.
I am also thankful for the twinges of pain I still feel..
Reminders not to get so busy with life that I forget what He's brought me through.
Reminders, to pray for those around the world that are suffering...to not get too comfortable.

Some more praises: 
I am now able to drive (even got Dasun's approval)
 and can do a little house cleaning!
I know there are a ton of worn out mommas thinking I am crazy for being excited about cleaning, but I actually am. I feel like I am actually able to contribute and actually accomplish some things and that's a wonderful feeling! I can also fix my hair, dress myself, and cook a little (unless it's heavy or needs a lid unscrewed). I don't think I'll ever look at these trivial tasks in the same way, or at least I hope I won't. : ) I want to be thankful for every moment without pain and every ability He has given me. Along with that, I am also thankful for the pain. Not because it was fun and not because it's the churchy thing to say, but because as we are promised, there was purpose in it. It was not in vain.

On a funny last note, I have recently acquired a new weird issue. On Friday, my eye started to hurt, but by Sunday night I looked like Rocky Balboa. It was pretty hilarious, albeit annoying. My sweet friend Dr. Myers, helped me out and the swelling is going down slowly, but surely. I had something called a chalazion, that occurs because of a blocked gland. I am now on some eye drops and strong antibiotics (which are causing some stomach issues), but am hoping I won't spiral downward as I did during my last round of antibiotics. My knee has been hurting a little more this week, along with my left shoulder, but it's nothing like it was, so no complaining here! Here's a lovely picture of my eye for your viewing pleasure. ha! 
This is me opening as wide as I can. Don't be jealous of my beauty girls! Ha!!
Thank goodness for sunglasses!

On the upside, I can finally wink! ha! A skill that has always eluded me. ; )
Thank you so much for your continued prayers and your love for our family during this time. You have touched my heart in ways you probably don't even know...taking time to make meals for us when you're already busy or on a tight budget, giving of your time, your energy, or your money, and just loving us in self-sacrificial ways. I am forever grateful!
Isaiah 25:1
Lord, you are my God;
    I will exalt you and praise your name,
for in perfect faithfulness
    you have done wonderful things,
    things planned long ago.

2 comments:

Tracy Wilson said...

Praise! Praise! Praise! You are thought of often and LOVED! I am so happy to hear of all the blessings that are overwhelming you!
Although you look "like "Rocky" you are still beyond beautiful!
Congratulations on the milestones, like being able to do housework. I think of the little chart you made on your daily cleaning/weekly cleaning list, and was wanting to make a copy to help keep me on track. I thought you had it posted somewhere on your site, so I was going to try to copy it for my fridge! I can't find it though! Where is it hiding??
You are always so creative and you certainly are an inspiration to many! You know how to make a house a home and I LOVE your DIY ideas.
You are in our thoughts and prayers!
With love,
Your family in Christ! (Praise Him!)
Tracy (& Quin & Jeff) Wilson

circlesofsunshine said...

rejoicing with you Ashley! love you so much!!!