5.30.2014

We FINALLY found a house!!

The title says, "finally," because we have been looking for more than 7 years, yes 7+! We started looking after listing our house (which ended up taking over 5 years to sell) and when our house did sell, we couldn't find one, so we've been renting in the meantime.


However, when I say "finally," there's no frustration in my voice at all. God has had us exactly where He wanted us and we know that without question. 

Here are a few reasons why I feel this way:
Had we moved when we found the 1st house we wanted, we would have been in the throws of working on a house right about the time my health took a swan dive. Not only that, but we would have had higher payments and the need to pay for the repairs.

This year, with all of the medical bills, money was scarce and our sweet landlords who were already being more than fair with the rent, took another $50 off of our rent for a little while since I wasn't able to work. And because we were renting, they also took care of the repairs that I normally would've been doing. On top of that, Dasun really wanted someone nearby during the day, that could help me if I fell or needed help doing something and Mr. Galen, as we lovingly call him, worked right next door. He checked on me, loaded me up in friends' cars for appointments, and much more.
Even the floors were a blessing. Our entire 1950's house has wood floors and the kitchen had linoleum tiles, so I could roll everywhere. Anyone that has used a rolly chair knows that carpet, tile, and even room transitions are almost impossible...especially when you're only using one leg to move yourself around.
These are just a few of the reasons that we are so thankful that our house prayers weren't answered sooner. Another reminder to trust.

So, onto fun news...
With the knowledge that I wasn't going to teach this year (still giving it time to see how I do), we had a new, lower budget that made it even harder to find what we were looking for. We basically wanted a little house on some land. We both grew up in the boonies and we just crave nature & privacy. We also needed it to be semi close to the bypass since we have to go back and forth to Rogers and Fayetteville. 

I'm telling you folks...EVERY need was met! We found this little 1200 sqft house on an acre and we got it for a steal. Not only that, but most of the work that it needs are just little things, so that will be easier on our wallets, as well as my still recovering body. We are SO excited!! It even has a little garden spot already!
What a blessing! We close at the end of June and I can't wait to have you all over!
It needs a new paint job, but I think it's a cute little house. : )
I'm trying to pace myself because I've essentially been coming up with ideas for "when we find a house," for 7 years and now my brain is on overload with excitement and plans. I told Dasun that if he could see my brain he'd be totally overwhelmed. I have about 100 tabs open in there. : )

I won't lie, I'm going to be sad to leave our sweet friends the Denhams and this little rent house, but I'm excited about putting our monthly payments towards an investment and I'm very excited about seeing trees everywhere I look. I may be changing my tune come fall, but we can just have a big leaf raking party, right? Ha!!

On a side note, my mom wanted us to find a house so badly before she died. Even though we assured her we'd be fine, I think she just wanted to know we were going to be settled and okay before anything happened to her. Well, we actually got to sign the contract on her birthday. It meant so much to me. I love that we have a Heavenly Father that even cares about the unimportant details of our lives. You go through seasons of not hearing or not receiving, like waiting 7 years to move, and then He brings it all together and you see His wisdom and provision even in the waiting. 
I am so truly grateful!!

1 comments:

Sara Neufeld said...

I love reading all of your updates! You are sharing such a wonderful testimony of God's faithfulness! thank you! laughed out loud at you having 100 tabs open! ha! love you friend! :)