7.09.2014

Hot fun in the summa-time!

After we moved in, it hit us that summer was almost over, so we tried to fit as many fun last summer things in amongst the continuing DIY/ unpacking/ reno:
Ice cream trips, that remind me of my grandpa taking me and my cousins to get ice cream and then driving us home in the back of his truck....our ice cream melting and whipping all over our faces. ha!!
 look at this face!

 I took the girls to their 1st flea market. This was my mom and I's favorite thing to do. : )
The LOVED it and were so good. They kept saying, "Aren't we doing so good at not touching things!?" I sure do love these girls.

 Soccer Camp:
Our friends Scott and Casey put on a free soccer camp, which was perfect because Kenned wanted to start soccer this fall.
 

 Some fun dates with mama:
 Going to see fun wild animals at the library (mommy chickened out and left before the ginormous snake made its debut).

 Seeing the MAD Science guys do some amazing things

 and seeing mommy get picked because apparently she had the largest craziest hair in the room. ha!

Visiting friends/ farms and picking veggies

 Skating and seeing both of my girls do the limbo
 watching Kennedy WIN the limbo!- Something I have never been able to do. : )
Woo hoo Kennedy!
 Getting to play with and skate with my girls.
So much better than this time last year. : ) Praise the Lord!
 
Dates with Papa
 Some swimming fun
 Time with friends!
Drive-in movie night
 More swimming fun with school buddies : )
 Reuniting with old friends -watching our kids make immediate friends and play together
 Eating watermelon and cooking out : )
 Being "warrior princesses"
 Eating more ice cream!
 and of course, more goofiness : )
We had a blessed summer and I am always sad to see it end. I feel the busyness coming and I kind of dread it. I truly love having extra time with my girls. They are such a blessing to my heart. : )

0 comments: