1.02.2015

Christmas 2014 and New Years!

We started off our holidays with the Keylor celebration.

The first night we were there, we got to find out what my sister-in-law is having! We voted girl and we were RIGHT!!! Red for girl and green for boy...isn't that a cute idea?! I love all of these fun new reveals. Almost makes you want to have another baby so you can do them too. ha!!
Later that night, the adults did our dirty santa (that name still disturbs me a little) and we made off with these AMAZING face coasters. ha!!! How funny are these?! The entertainment is endless!

We continued the fun, by doing them with other family members and friends.
After all, we couldn't keep the fun to ourselves. ha!

So pretty : )

 For Christmas our girls made their presents for us.
One of my favorites it this picture of our
family with my huge bun. : )
 Adelynn decorated a box of hers for me and filled it with little "presents"
Kennedy wrote me a sweet letter and drew a beautiful nativity scene for me.
 This is probably the cutest present request ever.
This girl has wanted an umbrella for a while and she told me all she wanted for Christmas was an umbrella and the movie Wreck It Ralph. : ) I wish you could have seen her face when she opened her umbrella. You would have thought that I gave her a hundred dollars.
Dasun (or as he said, "Her hunka hunka burnin' love")
surprised me with...
 a nail gun!
I know I am weird, but I have wanted one for a long time
and we're getting ready to have to do all of the quarter round for our whole house, so we'll need it.
The funny thing, is that I scrimped and saved so that I could surprise him with a saw he needed. ha!!!
We didn't plan it at all!
It may sound boring, but we were both so excited. : )

We also got to spend some time with my dad and my sister's family: making cookies, playing games, and opening presents.
 

 These were the harry slippers my dad bought Caleb!
Gross, but hilarious!!
 He also got Kennedy her first BB gun. : )

We also celebrated with our best buddies the Tuckers and the Rainers:
Chris showing a W for the win. He was the Bandu champion. 
Anyone else play that?
Rainer and Keylor girls drinking their Grinch drinks while watching the original movie.

And here's a random Christmasy picture of Marla 
because, well....she's cute. : )

The best  ornament ever!
Every year I get Dasun and the girls an ornament that has something to do with what they are into or something they love. Dasun gets mine and this year he nailed it. : )


Kennedy made this super cool 3D manger scene all by herself and she was so proud of it. : )

The girls ringing the Salvation Army Bell

On New Years Eve, we let the girls stay up until midnight and surprised them by taking them to the new Night at the Museum movie. They were so excited!

Look at Adelynn's sweet excited face! I love that little profile. : )
Then we came home and had our little candlelight time. We go around and talk about what we're thankful for and reminisce about the year. Then we toast our sparkly juice and pray in the new year.
This year, Kennedy wanted to talk to me afterwards. She had a ton of questions about things big and small and we ended up talking until the wee hours.  I loved every minute and so did she. She's still talking about it. : ) I hope she always feels like she can ask me anything.
What a blessed year this has been...
from wheelchair to walking, 
from pain to being able to hug & play with my children again, 
from losing weight rapidly to gaining weight & being healthy again. 
I am so very thankful.
In this life, we are not guaranteed an easy life or healing. 
In fact, we are told, "In this world you WILL have trouble..." (John 16:33)
and no doubt we will face troubles again, but we take heart, knowing that those troubles are not in vain. I have seen the Lord make beauty from ashes time and time again.  
Troubles bring us to our knees and remind us to rely on Jesus as we should be doing all of the time. They humble us and make us reach out for help from our friends and family, rather than being self-sufficient and isolated. They also make us more sensitive and compassionate towards others instead of being self-focused.  There's no doubt that He uses even hard things to birth in us something new and beautiful.  With that said, we both thank the Lord for the growth during the pain and for this current period of peace and rest, in which we can pour out to others. We love you all so much and thank you for all that you have poured out for us.
Happy New Year!
We pray that it would be blessed and that you would grow in love and faith whether you are walking in storms or in sun

0 comments: